hidden glory

Monday, April 09, 2007

A Joyful Easter: it is well with my soul

As we ended our Good Friday service at church with this hymn, it resonated with my soul. This is the joy of Good Friday and Easter Sunday: regardless of what life brings, how tempting sin becomes, and the kind of suffering I experience (and those close to me) IT IS WELL with my soul. Because of Christ...His death in my place, His resurrection guaranteeing there is life after death. Below are two verses of this familiar hymn. And below that are various snapshots from our Easter celebration. (including my first ever attempt at a Southern Easter tradition of "Hot cross buns" and pictures of our Easter breakfast with Seth's parents, Fred & Joan)
Refrain:
It is well with my soul,
it is well, it is well with my soul.

2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.
(Refrain)

3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
(Refrain)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home