hidden glory

Thursday, March 09, 2006

signs of spring?

I heard a bird singing outside my window today--two, in fact. Or maybe more. When I went to the grocery store, the strawberries were on sale. The sun didn't set until about an hour after I walked out of class at 5:00 yesterday. All of these are signs that spring is coming...my winter-laden soul rejoices.
I am home sick today. With a sinus infection, which I got an official diagnosis of this morning. That means that I also have meds that will help me to heal. And a free day from work. Yet I feel guilty that I haven't accomplished more by now. I have books to read, phone calls to make, emails to write. A blog to update.
But spring is on the way. It is coming. I am sure of it. And this minor fact seems to alleviate the boredom and monotony of life as I presently know it. It has been winter for a long time, but spring is coming. Not as quickly as it does in South Carolina, but no less surely. It is coming. It will be here soon.
I am sick, but there will be healing. It is starting now. It is (at least at this point of life) almost certain. I am bored, but there will be vibrancy to come. Memory tells me this. It is the rhythm of life, as sure as the seasons. Spring itself will help to awaken my lethargic soul...or so I hope.

3 Comments:

  • I think that deep down, you're just longing for a chance to minister in the depths of Siberia. I think down, you've always loved the beauty of a crisp winter morning, the coziness of a heavy snowfall outside and warm cup of hot cocoa inside.

    But maybe that's just me.

    Get well soon, Heather.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:38 PM  

  • Maybe...who knows what's going on deep down inside?? So when are you going to be headed to Siberia to live out your dream?

    And thanks for the get well wishes. How are those kids treating you & Kari?

    By Blogger Heather, At 3:49 PM  

  • As far as I know, Siberia is not in the plans, but I'm flexible. If the marching orders come in saying it's time to head to Siberia, then I pray I'll be joyously obedient and travel into the frozen arctic.

    The kids are treating us pretty well overall. Jonathan likes to spit up a lot. (Between you and I, he says he likes it but I'm not completely convinced.)

    Katelyn is doing great, even talking in sentences. And climbing on my back while saying Giddy Up--her way of asking for a pony ride.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home