hidden glory

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

writing...

Yep, no cute pictures of snowfalls or sunsets this time. Just some words on writing. It's on my mind because I am about to be a published author! Unbelievable...it's been one of my dreams for a long time, but one that I thought wouldn't ever happen. (you know, like the childhood aspirations of being a moviestar or a rock singer)

But in the Winter 2006 edition of the Journal of Biblical Counseling, there is an article by Heather Davis. When I viewed the table of contents on their website, it seemed surreal! (you can see it, too: go to www.ccef.org and look at the publications/journal tab...you can order a subscription, too, if you want) This is the journal published by the counseling center where I'm going to school.

I've gone through the stage of giddy excitement/disbelief...and now I need to gear myself up to submit a few more articles. Any ideas on topics you would like to read about in a counseling journal? I was thinking about writing one on "break-ups" (b/c I've had experience in this area and I don't think there is much published about how to deal with the real, deep pain associated with a break-up). I'd love to hear your suggestions! I'm hoping it will help motivate me to sit down and actually write again--instead of merely being satisfied with my goal being achieved for the first time.

5 Comments:

  • What a wonderful accomplishment...can't wait to read it and refer it others.

    By Blogger RBA Founder Xavier Pickett, At 5:18 PM  

  • Thanks for your encouragement, X!!

    By Blogger Heather, At 2:42 PM  

  • Heather,
    Went to ccef's site and saw that your article's titled "Chasing Beauty". Can you tell us more about what you wrote? It sounds interesting.

    j

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:02 AM  

  • Thanks for your interest! In this article I explore the pressure that women (and Americans specifically) face of trying to attain "perfect beauty" as defined by our culture and how we women try to cope when we inevitably fall short. In light of this, I call us as women to pursue the unfading beauty of Christ. If you would like a copy of this article, email me your mailing address (heatherdavis679@yahoo.com).

    By Blogger Heather, At 4:01 PM  

  • Heather, I emailed you with my mailing address. Thank you!

    By Blogger jc, At 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home