hidden glory

Monday, May 21, 2007

3 weddings and a graduation

Whew. It's been such a full three weeks! A very fun and joyful three weddings that I had a "front-row seat" to as a bridesmaid. It really is beautiful to watch God bring two people together as husband and wife and to witness this celebration of their marriage covenant. As I've been in these weddings, it's great to see how each wedding really represented the couple getting married and reflected their unique personalities.

Like Nathan and Erica Kurcsak -- who began their ceremony on May 5th by singing a worship song together. What a great way to set the tone of worship together! And it's a picture of how I know God has already used them -- to lead many to worship Christ through their relationship.

And then Mark and Susan Clark whose weekend and wedding on May 12th was full of the joy of Christ that they reflect together so well! In fact, there was even some spontaneous laughter during their vows which I think is such a picture of the freedom Christ has given them to love fully -- making the most serious commitment you can make to another person with confidence in the One whose faithfulness they trust.
And last, but certainly far from least, was the wedding on May 19th of Jonathan and Nicole Davis. In fact, since it was so recent ... and I haven't uploaded pictures yet ... I'm just going to have to write about theirs in a future posting. It really was beautiful to watch God bring these two together, and to see their solemnity as they made their vows to one another. Their relationship speaks so deeply of the loyalty and faithfulness that only Christ can give between two people.

So...three weddings. And now in three days, my graduation from Westminster. Which will certainly be a celebration of a different type. It still hasn't sunk in yet. But I'm sure it will as I walk across the stage to receive my Master's diploma on Thursday.

May has become from beginning to end the month of celebrations!

5 Comments:

  • HD, your big graduation is tomorrow, and I very proud of all your hard work, sweat, tears, blood, illness, wellness (ok, I am out of control)...I am proud and wish I could be there!
    KO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:03 PM  

  • Thought about you on Saturday with your little brother getting married--been there, done that recently myself. I'm so glad it was a great weekend for you. Congratulations on graduation tomorrow! It was WONDERFUL getting to see you over lunch last week. It's always so refreshing to catch up with you in person. Can't wait to do it again!

    By Blogger The Carsons, At 11:13 PM  

  • What an exciting month! Have a wonderful graduation, Heather!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:51 PM  

  • So glad to know you're blog!! Love your pictures and updates. Glad to hear the big Davis wedding (#2) went well and graduation and all that jazz. It was so fun to catch up with you in G'ville. How fun that our trips coincided! You look stunning-inside and out and I'm so glad to have you as my friend! Love, shin

    By Blogger Tootie, At 10:53 PM  

  • Hi There,

    I am so happy to have yet another amazing friend who is a biblical counselor. All the hours, turmoil, concentration.......All worth it to see what God has produced,

    April

    By Blogger a.willetts, At 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home