hidden glory

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

hidden glory

hmm...my first post. there's a lot of pressure...so I'm just going to start with the quote that inspired the blog title.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." ~the apostle Paul in his 2nd letter to the Corinthians

We are glorious beings. Yet the glory is hidden. Beneath sin, failings, and simply the frailty that comes with being human.

I desire to explore this strangely beautiful dichotomy in which we are appointed as image bearers of hidden glory. And to invite others into this journey with me.

1 Comments:

  • Great input, Joy. Well said. I definitely resonate with the same struggle...especially on the very ordinary "un-glorious" days. When, as you said, "I have nothing together"...what a glorious God we serve, that even our bad days cannot mar His beauty because He is so powerful when I am so weak.

    By Blogger Heather, At 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home